2012 UL Homecoming Week Festivities
Students, faculty, and alum are celebrating the 2012 UL Homecoming week this week on the campus of UL, and like any homecoming week there are several events leading into the homecoming game this Saturday at Cajun Field. This year's Homecoming theme is "The Ragin' Cajun Games!" and you guessed it---It's based on board games.
The Cajuns will face the Tulane Green Wave this Saturday at 4pm from Cajun Field, but before the game there are a number of events leading into it. Here is rundown of the events for homecoming week at UL.
Monday, Oct. 1
* Cake giveaway and students sign "Good Luck" banner for the Ragin' Cajuns that will be placed at Cajun Field, 11:45 a.m., Guillory Hall deck
* Student karaoke contest, 6:30 p.m, Angelle Hall Auditorium. The public is invited to attend.
Tuesday, Oct. 2
* Paint the Town Red - Business, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* Carnival in the Quad, noon to 2 p.m. Open to all students.
Wednesday, Oct. 3
* Paint the Town Red - Schools, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* Cajuns Can Care annual food drive, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Alumni Center
Thursday, Oct. 4
* College of Nursing Alumni Chapter Reception, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Alumni Center
* Yell Like Hell, 6:30 p.m., Parc International. Open to the public.
* UL Lafayette Wind Ensemble Concert, 8 p.m., Angelle Hall Auditorium. This free event is open to the public.
Friday, Oct. 5
* Tennis Tournament, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Red Lerille's Health and Racquet Club
* Bill Bass Open Golf Tournament, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Les Vieux Chenes Golf Course
* Paint the Town Red - Downtown Alive! UL Lafayette Homecoming Pep Rally, Parc Sans Souci, 5:30 p.m., with a performance by 5th Avenue
* National Pan Hellenic Council Step Show, 6 p.m., Blackham Coliseum.
* Ragin' Cajuns Lettermen Club Hall of Fame Reception, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Alumni Center
* Beaux Arts Ball, 7 p.m. at River Oaks Catering and Event Center, 520 Kaliste Saloom Road. Reservation required.
Saturday, Oct. 6
* Ragin' Road Race (5K run/walk), 8 a.m., Alumni Center
* Open House, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., Alumni Center
* Homecoming Parade, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., viewing at Alumni Center
* Home Economics Luncheon, 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Don's Seafood and Steakhouse, downtown
* Red Jackets Reunion, 11:30 a.m., Alumni Center
* Alumni Tailgating Party, 1 p.m., Cajun Field
* Tailgating at Cajun Field, 1 p.m.
* Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns vs. Tulane Green Wave, 4 p.m., Cajun Field
* Christiana Smith Chapter's "Sweet Sounds of Sharing," starting at 8 p.m., Alumni Center
Be sure to look for HOT 107-9 this Thursday at Parc International as we host "Yell Like Hell." We will on-stage hosting the event and we will have plenty of Hot 107-9 giveaways for those in attendance. In addition to that, we will be in the UL Homecoming parade Saturday morning. Lastly, you can find the flagship station for UL athletics after the parade tailgating on the West Side of the stadium with all of the LIVE pre-game coverage.
For more on 2012 UL Homecoming click HERE!!