Acadiana Locations For Sandbag Pickups
As the weather is expected to get inclement today across Acadiana, here are the sandbag locations in your area (courtesy of our news partners at KATC):
- For rural residents: At Acadia Parish Barns in Crowley, Branch and Iota between 6:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Available within the city limits at the Public Works building located on W. Hwy 90 until 6:00 p.m.
- At the City Barn from 10:30 a.m. till
- Available at 1315 Section St. until 4:00 p.m.
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at the locations below. All you need to do is bring your own shovel.
- 461 Parish Road, Moss Bluff - Ward 1 Barn
- 7085 Hwy 14 East, Hayes - Ward 2 Barn
- James Sudduth Parkway behind 5500 B Swift Plant Road, L.C. - Ward 3 Public Works Facility
- 2320 Smith Road, L.C. - Ward 3 Old Parish Barn
- 1726 Parish Barn Road, Iowa - Ward 8 Barn
- 2915 Post Oak Road, Sulphur - Ward 4 Public Works Facility
- 129 3rd Street, Starks - Old Ward 5 Barn
- 1275 Plum Street, DeQuincy - Ward 6 Barn
- 2205 Hwy 388, Vinton (Edgerly) - at Fire Station
Available at the following locations. You have to bag yourself and are limited to 10 bags
- Ville Platte Yard, 1200 Vocational Drive, Ville Platte
- Mamou Yard, 1321 Hwy 95, Mamou
- Basile Yard, 1152 Hunter Rd., Basile
- Lone Pine Fire Dept.
All day to parish residents at the locations below. Bring your own shovel.
- B.O.M Fire Station
- Grand Marais Fire Station
- Coteau Fire Station
- Rynella Fire Station
- Delcambre City Hall
- Loreauville Park
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact the Iberia Parish Public Works Department at (337) 364-8474.
- Available from 9:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. today at 907 Fulton Street. Residents are asked to approach the facility from the North Street side. If you have any questions, contact the Public Works office at (337) 369-2391.
Sandbags are available in Lafayette Parish seven days a week, during daytime hours at the two separate locations.
- The Compost Facility on 400 Dugas Road, off University Avenue, in Lafayette
- 1017 Fortune Road in Youngsville
- the Old Horse Arena location on Iberia Street (Mayor Ken Ritter says citizens must bring a shovel)
Jeff Davis Parish
Available Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. each day at the following locations:
- Jennings Police Jury Road Yard on Airport Road
- Lake Arthur Community Center (Pick up bag first at Lake Arthur Police Department)
- Woodlawn Fire Station
- Welsh Police Jury Yard across from Welsh Community Center
- Hathaway Fire Station on Hwy 102
- Fenton Police Jury Yard on Estes Road
- Lacassine Fire Station on Ann Street
St. Landry Parish
- Yambilee Building in Opelousas (available to residents until 5:00 p.m.s.
Eunice (In Acadia and St. Landry Parishes)
Available to residents until they run out. Must bring a valid ID. You are allowed 3 sand bags per door per residence. Call 337-457-7389 for more information.
- Eunice City Barn, 750 South Bobcat Drive from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
- Main Barn, 2211 Leonie St.
- Area 2 Barn, Calvin LeBouef Rd.
- Area 1 Barn, 13115 Max Switch Rd.
- Area 3 Barn, 29 Memorial Dr.
- Area 4 Barn, 13531 Gladu Rd.
- City Hall complex at 115 Corrine Street.
Citizens across the parish are asked to bring their own shovel. Sandbags are available 24 hours a day. The sand is located outside the barn.