Acadiana Road And School Closures
Because of the flooding across the Acadiana area, the following roads remain closed to traffic.
- US 190 at La 104 in St. Landry Parish
- La 93 in Lafayette and St. Landry Parish
- La 182 (University Ave.), in Lafayette Parish, is closed north of Pont des Mouton to LA 358
- La 98 (Gloria Switch Rd.), in Lafayette Parish, from I-49 West to Mill St.
So far these roads have been reopened to traffic.
- I-49 southbound and northbound from US 190 to I-10 (Exits #4 and #7 are open to local residents only).
- LA 347 (Grand Point Rd.), in St. Martin Parish, is closed in Breaux Bridge from the city limits heading north to Doyle Melancon
- LA 347, in St. Martin Parish, is closed north of I-10 to the Webster Meat Market
So far these schools are closed tomorrow from the Lafayette Parish School District:
- Ossun Elementary
- Live Oak Elementary
- Carencro Middle School
- Carencro Heights Elementary
- Carencro High School
Schools have released this statement,
Administrators and custodians assigned to those schools must report to work if possible. Students who live in these school zones but attend a school of choice outside of these five school zones will not have school bus service tomorrow. No buses will run in the Carencro school zones. Tuesday, all other schools will start one hour later than their regular schedules. This means the buses will pick up students one hour later than normal. The school day will end one hour later than usual. Delaying the start of the school day allows bus drivers better visibility in areas where there may be high water. Any absences resulting from the flooding will be excused.”
Also the Lafayette Christian Academy will be closed on Tuesday due to road conditions and a busted water line. All Classes will resume Wednesday. Carencro Catholic is closed on Tuesday. Students should not report to school, but faculty and staff must report at 9:00 a.m. Our Mother of Peace Catholic School in Church Point, Liberty Christian School in Breaux Bridge and Cribs to Crayons Day Care in Carencro, Calvary, and Westminster Christian Academy in Opelousas are also closed for today.
Sugar and Spice Preschool Carencro location only is closed Tuesday.