Clean Love Bugs Off Your Car With This Simple Trick
.During love bug season, a normal drive usually goes something like this:
"Oooh look at that bayou! The sun is shining, it's 99 degrees and I'm loving life! Wait, if the sun is shining, then why is it raining? Oh, oh no! That's not rain. Those are hundreds of love bugs relentlessly pelting my window. Nooooo!"
That's pretty spot on, right?
Well, once your car is covered in bug juice and tiny bug bodies, you probably roll into the first car wash you see only to find that not even a flipping car wash will get all of the love bug remnants off your car. So, why not save yourself the car wash disappointment - and money - and just head straight home to your laundry room to grab a couple dryer sheets. Yep, that's right, dyer sheets.
Dryer sheets are the magic little household items that will take bug guts off your car in a breeze. Seriously, just follow these simple instructions from Nationwide, and your car will be bug-free and ready for the open road.
1. To make their splatter easier to remove, completely soak the bug-laden area with water. If the bugs are especially plentiful, apply a light layer of baby oil to further loosen them.
2. Lightly scrub the area with a wet dryer sheet.
3. Rinse often and use new dryer sheets.
4. Scrub until they’re gone.
5. Clean off any leftover love bug residue, then wash and rinse your car.
Nationwide has a few other tips to help protect your car during love bug season, like waxing your car to protect it from the love bug splatter. Check out everything you need to know to keep your car safe from those unlovable love bugs on Nationwide's website.