Concerts, Pep Rallies Top UL Lafayette’s ‘Best Homecoming Week Ever’ Events
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette’s “Best Homecoming Week Ever” celebrations have been underway all week, with 41 businesses participating yesterday in “Paint the Town Red” and a lineup of activities marking the rest of the week.
Below is a complete list of the university’s homecoming event schedule.
WEDNESDAY, OCT. 30
- College of Nursing Alumni Chapter Reception. Alumni Center. 6-8 p.m.
THURSDAY, OCT. 31
FRIDAY, NOV. 1
- Tennis Tournament. Red Lerille’s Health and Racquet Club. 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Bill Bass Open Golf Tournament. Les Vieux Chenes Golf Course. 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- DTA! Paint the Downtown Red. Parc International. 5:30 p.m.
- NPHC Greek Step Show. Show. Blackham Coliseum. 6 p.m. Doors at 5. $10.
- Ragin’ Cajuns Lettermen Club Hall of Fame Reception. Alumni Center. 6:30-8:30 p.m.
SATURDAY, NOV. 2
- Ragin’ One-Mile Fun Run. Alumni Center. Registration 7-7:30 a.m. Run starts at 8.
- Ragin’ Road Race 5K Run/Walk. Alumni Center. Registration 7-7:30 a.m. Race starts at 8:20.
- Open House. Alumni Center. 9 a.m. – noon.
- Homecoming Parade. Starts at Cajun Field. Viewing at Alumni Center. 10 a.m.
- Red Jackets Reunion. Alumni Center. Noon.
- Home Economics Alumni Chapter 75th Anniversary Celebration. University Research Park near the Picard Center. Noon – 4 p.m.
- Alumni Tailgating Party. Cajun Field. 1 p.m.
- New Mexico State Aggies vs. Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns. Cajun Field. 4 p.m.
- Christina Smith Chapter’s “Sweet Sounds of Sharing.” Alumni Center. 8 p.m.