Cool NFL Fun Facts
As the second week of the NFL football season comes to a close, I found some cool NFL fun facts from DailyInfographic.com! So before next Sunday’s games, test your friends on how much they REALLY know about the NFL, football in general and other wacky facts.
- During a regular NFL game, you are likely to watch: 11 minutes of actual playing, 17 minutes of replays, 3 seconds of cheerleaders, and 67 minutes of just standing there.
- It takes 3,000 cows to supply the leather for a year’s supply of footballs for the NFL.
- The smallest playing NFL history is Jack “Soapy” Shapiro, who played blocking back for the Staten Island Stapletons in 1929; He was 5’1” and weighed 119 pounds.
- That yellow line costs $20,000 per game. Just think: 16 games x 32 teams x 2 teams per game equals $5.12 million worth of yellow lines a year during the regular season!
- 80% of all Super Bowl tickets go to corporate sponsors.
- Pizza delivery drivers are in more accidents on Super Bowl Sunday than any other day of the year; there are 9 million pizza slices delivered on Super Bowl Sunday – 44% more than on a normal Sunday.
- The money following the Super Bowls, antacid sales increase by 20%.
- An estimated 90 million people flush the toilet during the Super Bowl half time.