Eight Things People Need To Stop Bragging About On Facebook
With Facebook turning 10 years-old yesterday, so many things have changed, and here are eight things you need to stop bragging about on Facebook. This list should really be called eight things that are killing Facebook.
Remember when Facebook was fun? When it was a great way to keep in touch with friends and family without being charged minutes on your phone. Those days are dead and gone. Its all about bragging rights on Facebook now. At least that is the way I see it.
This list consist of things that I see on a “DAILY” basis on my Facebook. Your news feed might be different because we all have different types of friends. Some of you might get upset at this list because its probably you that I’m talking about.
- Your Awesome Spouse – Not that I’m not happy with mine, she’s perfect, but do I constantly on a DAILY basis brag about how much I’m in love with her? We get it, your spouse is perfect and they bring you breakfast in bed and send you roses to your work everyday, they throw rose petals down wherever you walk. The only thing is, the more you brag, the more we know its all for show, and it loses credibility.
- Your Workout routine – I walk three miles a day, but I don’t have tell everyone, every single day that I’m at the gym or how many reps I did on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Then post a video of myself walking on a treadmill or lifting 3000lbs. Unless you’re in yoga pants, no one cares.
- Your Daily Updates – Your attempt at making your daily task sound as if they are hard to do. Everyone has someone on their status that does this everyday. Example: Ahhh long day today of laundry, grocery store, trip to the bank, then to pick up the kids and I have to cook. I really need a cape bla, bla bla. You have such a hard life.
- Your Lunch/Dinner – You love to cook and you love to brag about what you eat. This is fine, but we don’t need to know what you eat everyday. Hamburger helper and sloppy joe’s really doesn’t count as you cooking. Unless you’re Foodie, please stop doing this. I almost threw up in my mouth looking at some of the food pics you posted.
- Your Single status – This status usually goes like this : OMG! Being single is so much fun and so much better then being with someone that tells you what to do everyday. We all have this friend that loves to brag about being single, and how great life is. We all know you’re miserable. Stop lying!
- You’re Quitting Facebook – This one never made any sense to me at all. You complain about Facebook, and that you’re going to delete it, then you delete it. Now, this is the best part. You come back to Facebook a week later, and brag about how great it was to be off and away from the drama. LOL! that all I can do is LOL!
- Your Great Job – I’m so guilty of this one. I didn’t realize how many people hate their jobs. I used to post things like – I can’t believe that I get paid to do this, and I LOVE MY JOB! I’ve lost many Facebook friends posting stuff like that.
- Your perfect kids – Here is another one I’m guilty of, and most parents are too. We get so happy over the smallest accomplishments our kids make. Like their first poo, first word, first time they walk, first time they ate a hamburger, first time they rode in a car, their first time they got a bath, first time they talked, the first this, the first that. Then it turns into how much smarter they are then every one elses kid because they can write the number 1 at 2 years-old. LOL! Once again I’m guilty of this one.
Facebook should make categories like Craigslist. Braggers should be one of them. Now, don’t get me wrong, being proud of the things in your life and over obsessing and bragging are two different things.
Off the top of my head these are the only eight things I can think of, If you want to add to the list, comment below.
Are you a Facebook bragger? Are you guilty of these? Comment below