Tour du Teche VI
- Festival Grounds on Bayou Teche
- 203 N. New Market St., Lafayette, LA United States
Tour du Teche, featuring a 135-mile, three-day race for kayaks and canoes through four parishes, is October 2nd through 4th with pre-race events (including the finish of the inaugural Tour de la Riviere Rouge) at Port Barre on Thursday, October 1st.
Online registration is available through Webscorer at TourDuTeche.com and closes on September 12th.
Tour du Teche is a staged race down the entire length of Bayou Teche, from Port Barre to Berwick. The overall length of the race, including short stretches on Bayou Courtableau and in the Atchafalaya River, totals 135 miles.
There are also numerous shorter, one-day races during the event.
The two new races, both uber-marathons, are Tour de la Riviere Rouge, 275 miles from Shreveport-Bossier City down the Red and Atchafalaya River and into Bayou Courtableau to Port Barre, and the 410 mile de Louisiane, which is a combination of Riviere Rouge and the TDT 135.
One-day races are:
- Crawfish: Port Barre to Poche's Market and Restaurant (30 miles, October 2nd)
- Acadian: Port Barre to St. Martinville (49 miles, October 2nd)
- Hot Sauce: St. Martinville to New Iberia (24 miles, October 3rd)
- Sugar: St. Martinville to Franklin (59 miles, October 3rd)
- Black Bear: New Iberia to Franklin (35 miles, October 3rd)
- Oil & Gas: Franklin to Berwick (27 miles, October 4th)
For more information, visit TourDuTeche.com or email Infor@TourDuTeche.com.