MTV Labels Carly Rae Jepsen’s ‘Call Me Maybe’ As Best Song Of The Year [VIDEO]
With the end of the year just weeks away, MTV did some serious brainstorming and they have come to the conclusion that Carly Rae Jepsen’s hit song “Call Me Maybe” was the best song of 2012.
2012 delivered some really talented new artists like Carly Rae Jepsen, Fun, Gotye, and more. The year 2012 also gave us some really good music from some the more seasoned artists like Beyonce, Maroon 5, Nicki Minaj, and others. However, there can only be one song that is worthy of the title, “The Best Song Of 2012.”
With that said, MTV put together a brain trust that spanned the company and asked them to submit their choices for their favorite songs of the year. After shuffling through several nominations and lists, here are the Top-10 songs for the year 2012…According to those who work at MTV.
- “Call Me Maybe,” Carly Rae Jepsen
- “We Are Young,” Fun.
- “Somebody That I Used to Know,” Gotye (featuring Kimbra)
- “What Makes You Beautiful, “One Direction
- “Starships,” Nicki Minaj
- “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together,” Taylor Swift
- “Mercy,” Kanye West (featuring Big Sean, Pusha T and 2 Chainz)
- “Gangnam Style,” Psy
- “Glad You Came,” the Wanted
- “Payphone,” Maroon 5