Woman Sues Former Employer For Sexual Harassment, Dress Code Included ‘No Bra Thursday’
Sexual harassment happens in the workplace all the time, but I can honestly say I have never seen it as blatant as this. Trudy Nycole Anderson, 44, of Utah County, Utah, says she was sexually harassed, claiming her boss gave her a daily dress code that included 'Tube-top Tuesday.'
The suit was filed in the U.S. District Court against Derek Wright, the owner of Lone Peak Controls and D&L Electric Control company. Anderson was an office manager for the company claiming that she was harassed and is seeking undisclosed damages. According to the complaint Mr. Wright:
- repeatedly asked Miss Anderson about her breast size and talked about her breasts in front of other employees
- allegedly asked her to show him her breasts and inquired about whether she shaved her pubic area
- slapped Anderson on her buttocks at least twice and asked the woman for oral sex on several occasions
- told Miss Anderson that he would 'give her a mammogram for free'
- allegedly told Miss Anderson he was installing a shower in the office so the two could shower together
Anderson also claims that Mr. Wright viewed pornography in the office and in 2007, the year she started, he brought her a document stating that she would agree to allow him to sexually harass her.
It also stated that if Anderson didn't sign the document, Wright told her she would lose her job. He knew she was a single mother of three and according to the lawsuit she was an easy target because she wasn't in a situation to leave her job.
Perhaps the most outlandish part of this whole situation is the dress code that Miss Anderson was given for the week.
- Mini-skirt Monday
- Tube-top Tuesday
- Wet T-shirt Wednesday
- No bra Thursday
- Bikini top Friday
According to Daily Mail, the case has been assigned to U.S. Magistrate Samuel Alba.
Ladies, how long would you have dealt with this harassment before you hit the door and called your lawyer?