A 64-year-old woman in New Zealand accidentally glued her lips shut when she mistakenly used super glue rather than lip balm to moisten her lips. 

The 64-year-old, from Dunedin, reportedly woke-up at 11 p.m., Thursday night, and grabbed what she thought was her medicine. What she did not know was that she applied SUPER GLUE onto her lips rather than the medicine, and by the time she realized what she did it was too late.

The woman's lips were glued shut and when she called for emergency assistance, all that she could do was grunt. The operators initially thought that the woman was being held captive, but when police arrived at her home, they found that she had sealed her lips shut!!

She was taken to a local hospital where she was treated and released. Lesson learned, always turn on a light at night when you are reaching for anything. You just never know what may be laying around your bed in the middle of the night.