4th of July Celebrations Across Acadiana
Independence Day is just around the corner and it's time to don our red, white and blue, sing patriotic tunes, and get out and enjoy the festivities.
Looking for family fun this 4th of July? Well, you are in luck because we've got your complete rundown of events throughout the Acadiana area so you and the family can get out and check out fireworks and more.
- Jennings Stars & Stripes Celebration - Saturday, July 2, 4pm-9:30pm - Louisiana Oil & Gas Park. Water slides and fun jumps for the kids, with crafts and food for sale. DJ playing music from 4pm-7pm followed by a band from 7pm-9pm. Giant fireworks display at 9pm. Free.
- Sugar Mill Pond Independence Celebration - Sunday, July 3, 5:30pm-9:15pm - Sugar Mill Pond in Youngsville. Live music by Déjà Vu, face painting, pony rides, stilt walker, & remote control boat demonstrations. Fireworks start at 9pm. Free. www.sugarmillpond.com
- Uncle Sam's Jam - Sunday, July 3, 4pm-10pm - Parc International in downtown Lafayette. Free event featuring live music from Spank the Monkey and Soul Express Brass Band, kids activities and a massive fireworks display at 9pm.
- Erath 4th of July - June 30-July 4 - Downtown Erath. Live music, carnival, games, water fights, parade, fireworks and more. www.erath4.com
- New Iberia 4th of July Parade - Monday, July 4, 6pm-8pm - Downtown New Iberia. Fourth of July parade followed by Honor Guard ceremony along with harmony of patriotic music. www.iberiatravel.com
- Eunice 4th of July Fireworks Show - Monday, July 4, 9pm - Eunice Recreation Complex. Hosted by the City of Eunice. A 30 minute spectacular display of fireworks.
- Fireworks on the River - Monday, July 4, 6:30pm - Nall Park in Krotz Springs. Music by JC Melancon & The Bayou Rock Band, fun jumps, food and refreshments, a huge fireworks display with patriotic music.
If we've missed an event that you know of, please drop us a note and we will gladly include the event in this listing.