Anna Faris and Family Saved From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning During Thanksgiving Break
Actress Anna Faris and her Thanksgiving guests have more to be thankful for after a frightening carbon monoxide poisoning incident.
"I’m not quite sure how to express gratitude to the north Lake Tahoe fire department ... we were saved from carbon monoxide ... it’s a stupidly dramatic story but I’m feeling very fortunate," she tweeted alongside a photo of the dining room.
The 43-year-old was celebrating the holiday at a rented vacation home in Lake Tahoe over the weekend when numerous guests felt ill. First attributing altitude sickness as the culprit, the North Tahoe Fire Protection District shared in a press release, two family members were eventually sent to the hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning.
With windows open, the home had more than six times the recommended carbon monoxide level. The rental did not have any carbon monoxide alarms installed. The first responders said that the group were "lucky to be alive."
“We are so thankful to report that this holiday disaster was averted,” Fire Chief Mike Schwartz said in a statement. “Situational awareness is so important. Whether you are at home or traveling, it is important ensure that smoke and CO alarms are in working order anywhere you stay. It’s not a bad idea to consider bringing your own alarm when you travel, just to be safe.”
See the tweet, below.
Celebrities Who Almost Died on Set