As Storms Approach South Louisiana, Sandbags Are Available in Lafayette Parish
Much of Acadiana is under a Flash Flood Watch going into Tuesday evening and into early Wednesday morning.
If you live in an area that is prone to flooding, you may want to consider getting sandbags before the storms arrive in the early morning hours.
If you live in Lafayette Parish, here's where the sandbags are available. This is according to a post on LCG's Facebook Page.
LAFAYETTE CITY AND PARISH SANDBAG LOCATIONS
- North District site at 400 Dugas Road (located off North University Avenue)
- Picard Park, 130 Park Lane
Bags Per Household
- Please limit sandbags to four bags per exterior door
- Maximum of 20 sandbags per household
MUNICIPALITY SANDBAG LOCATIONS
- City Hall, 310 E. Main Street (behind City Hall)
- Deer Meadow Subdivision (corner of Deer Meadow Boulevard and Myette Point Street)
- Broadview Drive (next to Broussard Community Center)
- Community Center, 5115 N. University Avenue (behind the Community Center)
- Duson Park at South A Street – Currently closed but will open when needed
- Public Works Department, 116 Lions Club Road (Scott residents should first call City Hall to find out if the site is open)
- 333 S Larriviere Road – Currently closed but will open when needed