Fire Damages Lafayette Daiquiri Shop
It's one of the sites that tourists from out of state just have to see for themselves anytime they visit Acadiana. Of course, I am talking about the drive-thru daiquiri shop. They certainly are unique to our part of the world.
Yesterday, firefighters from the Lafayette Fire Department worked to save one of those drive-thru shops from a blaze that broke inside the shuttered business. Fire officials say the blaze was reported by neighbors of The Daiquiri Depo on the Southwest Evangeline Thruway about 9:45 yesterday morning.
Fire investigators believe the origin of the blaze was electrical. According to a report from KLFY Lafayette Fire Department, Public Information Officer Alton Trahan suggested that the blaze began when a surge protector with several appliances plugged into it malfunctioned.
According to Trahan, the blaze was brought under control in about ten minutes however the business sustained heavy fire damage.