List of Acadiana School Closures in Advance of Storms Marco & Laura
With two possible hurricanes gunning towards Louisiana in the next few days, we will do our best to keep you updated on all the school closures in our area.
Be on the lookout for other postings on our website, app and socials regarding other businesses and public entities closed in the coming days.
Meanwhile, here is the list so far of school closures in the Acadiana area:
- Acadiana Christian School (New Iberia) - Closed Monday through Thursday, both in-person and virtual school.
- Catholic High (New Iberia) - Closed Monday through Thursday.
- Diocese of Lafayette Catholic Schools - Closed Monday through Thursday.
- Jeff Davis Parish - Public schools have cancelled classes for the entire week.
- Mount Carmel School (Abbeville) - Closed Monday through Thursday.
- Northside Christian School (Crowley) - Closed Monday and Tuesday. Additional closures, if needed, will be announced later.
- South Louisiana Community College - All campuses will be closed Monday through Thursday this week in anticipation of the two storms. Official updates available at www.solacc.edu/updates and socials, and through students' college email.
- Vermilion Catholic High School - Closed Monday and Tuesday, both on-campus and online classes. As the week progresses and additional information is received, they will update the remainder of the week.
- Vermilion Parish - School System offices and schools will be closed at 11 am Monday for the remainder of the week. Because of this situation, the start of the Vermilion Parish school year will be pushed back one week until September 3rd. They will use the same Thursday and Friday schedule that was originally in place, just one week later.
- Willow Charter Academy - Closed Monday and Tuesday.
Louisiana State University has also announced that school will be closed on Monday.
If you have a closure to share, email firstname.lastname@example.org.