List of Sandbag Locations in Acadiana Ahead of Hurricane Delta
As Hurricane Delta is barreling towards Louisiana, now is the time to make your storm preparations.
Those plans for many involve putting sandbags around homes and buildings.
There are several sandbag locations across Acadiana for residents to load up. Remember that all locations are self-bagging and residents must bring their own shovel and manpower.
Below is a list of sandbag locations for several Acadiana parishes.
- North District site at 400 N Dugas Road (located off North University)
LCG asks that residents please limit sandbags to four bags per exterior door. Maximum of 20 sandbags per household.
- City Hall, 310 E. Main Street (behind City Hall)
- Deer Meadow Subdivision (corner of Deer Meadow Boulevard and Myette Point Street)
- Broadview Drive (by Broussard Community Center)
- Community Center, 5115 N. University Avenue (behind the Community Center)
- Duson Park at South A Street
- Public Works Department, 116 Lions Club Road
- Foster Park at 399 2nd Street
- Second location off of 4th Street
ST. MARTIN PARISH
- Ruth Bridge, 1035 Ruth Bridge Hwy
- Clayton Boudreaux Memorial Park, 1028 Catahoula Hwy
- Paul Angelle Park, 2458 Cecilia Sr. H.S. Hwy
- South Barn, 1011 Capritto 40 Arpent Road
- Public Works Annex, end of Refinery Street near Berard Street
- Old Wal-Mart Parking Lot, 2310 North Main Street
- Henry Guidry Park Pavilion (behind City Hall), 1007 Amy Street
LOWER ST. MARTIN PARISH
- Bus turn-a-round on East Stephensville Road
- Stephensville Park
- Across the road from the Belle River Fire Station
ST. MARY PARISH
- Caffery Park in Franklin, Barrow Street
- Peace Memorial in Franklin, Eastwood Drive
- BOM Fire Station
- Grand Marais Fire Station
- Coteau Fire Station
- Rynella Fire Station
- Delcambre City Barn
- Loreauville Park
- Lydia Fire Station
- Jeanerette City Bar