Louisiana Campgrounds with Beaches
We have so many fun outdoor activities here in the Bayou State - I mean, they don't call us the Sportsmans Paradise for nothing!
Out of our 22 beautiful state parks, there are several that actually have beaches, which is awesome. And since the weather is getting really nice, and you're no doubt planning for a spring/summer getaway with the fam, I thought I'd let you know which ones you need to pack a bathing suit for. Thanks to the folks at Only in Louisiana for the info!
- Lake Claiborne State Park, 225 State Park Rd., Homer. 643 acres on beautiful man made Lake Claiborne. If you are headed to north Louisiana, this might be your new favorite place.
- Cypremort Point State Park, 306 Beach Ln., Cypremort Point. A go-to for lots of Acadiana folks, this fishing destination overlooking Vermilion Bay also has a cool little beach for those sunny days we love so much.
- Fontainebleau State Park, 62883 LA-1089, Mandeville. 2,800 acres overlooking Lake Ponchartrain, this beautiful area in St Tammany Parish has cabins and a cute little beach to relax on.
- Grand Isle State Park, 108 Admiral Craik Dr., Grand Isle. You can camp right on the beach, which makes this a perfect spot for star gazers.
- Holly Beach, Cameron Parish. 'Cajun Riviera', need we say more?
- Jimmie Davis State Park, 1209 State Park Rd., Chatham. RV campsites, cabins, and a peninsula that overlooks Caney Lake
- South Toledo Bend State Park, 120 Bald Eagle Rd., Anacoco. Not only is it a nesting ground for American Bald Eagles, but you can enjoy beautiful sunsets on the beach within the park