LUS Warning Of Scam
LUS Fiber is asking their customers to be vigilant as they have seen an uptick in the number of complaints about scams.
Officials with LUS Fiber want customers to know that they will not call you, email, text, or contact you via social media and ask you to pay your bill right then.
They do contact you with reminders. But, they will never ask you to pay your LUS Fiber bill by using a pre-paid debit card at any time or to wire them money in order to pay your bill.
One clue that it's a scam is that they are asking you to immediately pay, and they want any of your personal information. LUS does not do that.
If you get a call, and they are asking you to pay immediately then just hang up the phone. The following are the many options customers have to pay their bills:
You can stop by either of the LUS Fiber Customer Service Centers. One is located at 2701 Moss Street, and the other one can be found at 1875 West Pinhook Road.
- You can set up the "Bill Pay" option at LUSFiber.com.
- You can call 99-FIBER (34237), and you can use the automated system to pay your bill.
- If you get a paper bill, you can send your payment with the envelope that is provided in your statement.
The following are just some of the types of information scammers might try to get your to reveal:
- Your bank account number
- Your social security number
- Credit card numbers and security codes on the back of the card
If you ever have a question, you can call 99-FIBER (34237).