New Iberia Police Looking for Two Accused Criminals – a Convicted Felon & an Alleged Abuser
In the city of New Iberia, police need your help trying to find a couple of alleged criminals - in two separate cases.
First, authorities have an Arrest Warrant out for Bryant K. Malveaux, Jr. Malveaux is accused of the following crimes:
- Simple Criminal Damage to Property
- Aggravated Battery (Domestic).
In a separate case, 36-year-old Charles Antoine is on the run after New Iberia Police say the man ran away after New Iberia Police pulled his vehicle over and found drugs and a gun. As a convicted felon, Antoine is not allowed to possess a firearm.
The incident happened on Friday evening when officers pulled over the vehicle Antoine was driving near the intersection of French Street and Ward Street. After Antoine ran away, officers say they found various pills, including over 900 suspected MDMA (ecstasy) pills, suspected marijuana, and the aforementioned firearm.
Antoine faces the following charges:
- Possession with Intent to Distribute a Schedule I CDS
- Possession of a Schedule I CDS
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Possession of a Schedule IV CDS
- Possession of Legend Drug
- Resisting an Officer
- Possession of a Firearm in the Presence of a CDS
- Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon
- Improper Display of a License Plate
- Expired and Cancelled License Plate
- Operating a Vehicle with a Suspended License
According to a press release from their office, New Iberia Police say Antoine also has additional felony warrants through their department.