Some of Your Favorite Stars Are Filming In Louisiana This Summer
If you are on the look out for some movie and television stars, this summer might be the perfect time for you to spot some celebrities right here in Louisiana. Most of the movies / TV shows are being filmed in the New Orleans area, but they have been known to branch out to Acadiana on occasion. I mean, we have our own cajun charms, after all.
According to NOLA.com, the shows below will begin, or have been in production already in the Bayou State. Hope somebody warned these Hollywood folks about the humidity - haha!
- 'Red, White and Water', also known as 'Un-named Project'. Filming began on June 18, with Academy Award winner Jennifer Lawrence.
- 'Unhinged' starring Russell Crowe. Filming is July 15 to Aug. 23
- 'Your Honor', a Showtime series set to begin filming on Sept. 23 with 'Breaking Bad' actor Bryan Cranston
- 'Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure' Keanu Reeves, Alex Winter and Kid Cudi will star in another sequel to their wildly popular movie. Filming started yesterday, and will continue through August 17.
- 'Blood Moon' starring Zac Efron, Kate Hudson and Craig Robinson. Filming begins June 30, and continues through August 5
- Disney's 'Sulphur Springs', billed as a supernatural drama, but for the younger audience of 'Stranger Things'. Filming is July 1 through Sept. 29.
- 'Filthy Rich' The pilot for the FOX series was shot in New Orleans in March. Starring Kim Cattrall, Gerald McRaney, regular filming will wrap up this week.
- 'The Purge' Season 2 of the USA Network show will be filming through Sept. 26
- 'Queen of the South' Season 4 of the USA Network show will wrap up filming in New Orleans this week.
- 'Queen Sugar' Season 4 of the OWN Network's show stars Rutina Wesley, Dawn-Lyen Gardner, Kofi Siriboe. Filming continues through July 18
- NCIS: New Orleans. Season 6 stars Scott Bakula, Lucas Black, Rob Kerkovich, CCH Pounder, Daryl 'Chill' Mitchell, Vanessa Ferlito. Although there have been some rumblings about moving the filming out of state because of the recent abortion bills, so far they have not pulled the plug on production of the wildly popular CBS series yet.