Never do this.

The McKinney Fire Department in Texas recently responded to a house fire and upon arrival, they found this.

Yes, someone attempted to dispose of their live Christmas tree by burning it in their fireplace. Never should you burn anything in your fireplace other than small logs.

The fire department shared this photo on their official Facebook page to remind folks of the dangers of using a fireplace.

Rather than doing this, you are reminded to always bring your live Christmas tree to the roadside for pickup.

Luckily by the looks of things, the fire department was able to save the home, but you can still see the damage done to the home.


Things We Need To Improve Upon While Driving

More From Hot 107.9