Shortly before 3:00 p.m. yesterday afternoon, Lafayette firefighters responded to Pinhook South Apartments for a fire inside a laundry room.

Photo Courtesy of the Lafayette Consolidated Government

Upon arrival at the scene, firefighters noted that the building was fully involved.

The building was a stand-alone structure separate from the residential units.

Although the fire was contained within fifteen minutes, the building sustained heavy fire damage. No other structures were damaged and no injuries have been reported at this time.

The laundry room was inoperable. It has not been in use for some time. There were no utilities supplied to the building.

Fire officials determined arson to be the cause of the fire. Investigators are asking anyone with information to contact Crime-Stoppers, 232-TIPS or the fire department at 337-291-8716.