Governor of Louisiana To Outline Phase 3 Guidelines Friday September 11, 2020
Governor John Bel Edwards announced that the State of Louisiana will move forward into Phase 3 on Friday, September 11, 2020.
The governor did not outline any of the guidelines in the new phase, but he did state that he would elaborate on Phase 3 by tomorrow (Friday, Sept 11th).
During the press conference Thursday morning, Gov. Edwards did note that the mask mandate will stay in place. In addition to that, the governor said that if COVID numbers spike again in the weeks ahead, he'd go back into Phase 2 in Louisiana.
So, what guidelines can we expect as we move into Phase 3? We will have to wait for the official announcement, but I did find the Federal Guidelines for Phase 3. They are as followed:
- Vulnerable individuals resume public gatherings but should practice physical distancing.
- Low-risk people minimize the time spent in crowded spaces.
- Workplaces can resume unrestricted staffing.
- Visits to senior care centers could also resume with diligent hygiene.
- Large venues would be able to reopen with limits and physical distancing.
- Bars could operate with increased capacity.
Be sure to check back here on Friday for the latest updates.