State Fire Marshal Announces Guidelines For Outdoor Church
Churches have been given a green light to hold in-person church services, but there are some specific guidelines. State Fire Marshal Butch Browning announced specific guidelines to make sure the gatherings are safe for everyone.
- The capacity is subject to social distancing requirements and spacing of seated attendees with strict supervision provided by crowd managers;
- Limit group seating to persons who are members of the same household;
- Modify human contact as part of any religious ceremony
- State-approved fire extinguisher within 75 feet of the tent area
- Minimum 7-foot, 6-inch headroom (ceiling height)
Governor Edwards made the exception to the full ban on church gatherings on the same day he officially extended the stay-at-home order through May 15th.
You can read the full requirements for churches hoping to have outdoor services this Sunday.