Thrillist Names Best Bars in Louisiana That Aren’t in New Orleans
Those of us who live in Louisiana know that there's so much more to our state than just New Orleans. We have great food, culture, art, festivals, and people all over the Bayou State! Including the most awesome dive bars and cocktail lounges ever. (We do love our alcohol here).
Thrillist has come up with some of the coolest bars in Louisiana that are not in New Orleans, and several of them are right here in Acadiana. If you're up for some fun, and a bar crawl, check out the list below. Cheers!
- The Chimes Restaurant and Tap Room, Baton Rouge - outside the gates of LSU, with plenty of craft brews on the menu
- Old Rail Brewing Company, Mandeville - the only locally owned microbrew pub in the city
- Finnegans Wake, Alexandria - known as the 'Cheers' of south Louisiana
- Fremins / Flnagans, Thibodaux - where you can find a 'proper' cocktail in the area
- Fred's Lounge, Mamou - home to the wildly popular Saturday morning Cajun Jam
- Green Oaks Lounge, Lafayette - great drinks and great burgers
- Blue Moon Saloon & Guest House, Lafayette - local roots music venue with great drinks
- Artmosphere Bistro, Lafayette - a bar, a restaurant, and an art gallery all in the same building
- Whiskey River Landing, Henderson - cold drinks and hot dance moves, all with a view of the Atchafalaya Basin
- Clementine on Main, New Iberia - upscale spot for delish beverages and food
- Strange Brew, Shreveport - home of the 'fill your cup for a buck' specials on Thursdays. North Louisiana, are you in?