West Regional Library Now Open In Scott
Yesterday public officials, dignitaries, and members of the Lafayette Parish Library Board were on hand in Scott for the dedication and grand opening ceremonies surrounding Lafayette Parish's newest library.
The new West Regional Library is the latest addition to the Lafayette Public Library system. Located at 501 Old Spanish Trail in Scott the library will be open for public use beginning today.
Library hours for the new West Regional Library will be from 9 am to 8 pm Monday through Thursday. Friday the library will be open from 9 am until 6 pm. Weekend hours are 10 am to 5 pm on Saturday and the library will be open on Sunday's from 12 noon until 6 pm.
The concept of a West Regional Library was first discussed in 2002 and now almost 20 years later the dream of the project has been fulfilled. In addition to books and reading materials, patrons may also check out DVDs too. The library will also offer these other amenities:
- A large meeting room, smaller meeting spaces, and study rooms
- Public computers, printers, faxes, copiers, and free Wi-Fi
- Collections and spaces for adults, children, and teens
- Drive-thru book return and pick-up window
- Lactation room and a family restroom
- Children’s storytelling room
- Snack and drink vending
- Electric car chargers
- Outdoor courtyard
- Self-check kiosks