10 Ways You Can Help Find Mickey Shunick Now
The community has come together in an overwhelming fashion to find Mickey Shunick, the Lafayette girl who has been missing since early Saturday morning (5/19). Many people have reached out asking how they can help in the effort to find Mickey, and I ran across a great post on Facebook from Allison Smith Breaux that thoroughly explains,
10 Ways You Can Help Find Mickey Shunick
1. Call the Lafayette Police Department with ANY information or tips
2. Get familiar with Mickey's face and her bike,
which has not been found yet.
3. Help search on foot, bike, car, skate, whatever
Volunteers meet at 100 Ryan Street, Lafayette, LA
4. Spread the word, she could be anywhere
Tell your friends, family, co-workers. Tell people in person, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Reddit and wherever else you frequent online. Tell out of state friends and even out of the country. The word is expanding and getting national coverage. There is no such thing as "too many" people knowing. Share the photos, videos, links and pages listed below.
5. Print and post flyers
6. Donate Meals To Her Family
Pick a day and a meal on this calender.
7. Donate Supplies
printed flyers, tape, signs, mosquito repellent, flashlights, sunscreen, paper towels, toilet paper, hand sanitizer for volunteers can be brought to 100 Ryan Street, Lafayette, LA. They have enough food and water as of 5/22/12. Please do not bring more food or beverages at this time.
8. Donate Money To Support The Search Effort
Any and all donations are now being accepted at any Mid-South bank branch. Please make checks out to "Charlene Shunick" - currently, all donations are not tax-deductible, but are incredibly appreciated. Contact Kristen Kordecki for any further information at 337-323-9228. Thank you!
If you would like to donate money that specifically goes towards the reward amount and extra police forces, you can now donate to the Community Foundation of Acadiana. The title of the fund is called the Mickey Shunick Fund. It is tax deductible and credit cards can be processed on the website, which is http://cfacadiana.org/giving/Contribute-to-a-Fund. Click on "Give to an existing fund" and type in the information that follows. For checks, make it out to Mickey Shunick Fund. The address is 1035 Camelia Blvd Suite 100 Lafayette, LA 70508. For any problems, contact Linda Dautreuil at 337-769-4840. Any help through donations are extremely appreciated!
9. Keep Up To Date With Volunteer Efforts And News
10. Get Familiar With The Facts
LAFAYETTE, LA: 21 year old Mickey Shunick (pictured) was last seen at about 2:00 am (May 19) riding a black and gold Schwinn Madison bicycle with glittery gold handlebars from a friend's home in the Saint Streets area of Lafayette. She was riding back home to the area near Ambassador and Congress, but never made it home and hasn't been seen since. She is 5'1" tall, weighing about 115 pounds, has shoulder length curly blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a small tattoo of a bicycle on her right outer ankle and a nose ring on her left nostril.
She was last seen wearing a pastel multicolored striped shirt, light wash denim skinny jeans, and silver ankle boots. She was also carrying a light brown leather backpack, a black and yellow Vera Bradley wallet, a black Verizon slider phone and a small pink container of pepper spray.
If you have any information on her whereabouts, please contact the Lafayette Police at (337) 291-8600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ANSWERS TO FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- She did not have a smartphone and her phone is currently off
- Texas EquuSearch can only be contacted for assistance by her family members or the police
- The FBI is involved in the search
- The police have been using K9s in the search
- UPDATE via Charlene Shunick: "everyone: we have heard absolutely nothing about official sightings of mickey. please stop spreading rumors. we appreciate everything you're doing but all this talking without the facts isn't helping anything. love you guys."