Acadiana Sandbag Locations And Flooding Issues
There are a variety of locations now to get sandbags in Acadiana.
- NORTH DISTRICT: 130 Shantel Rd. in Lafayette. N. University to Dugas Rd. Take the 2nd left onto Shantel Road
- SOUTH DISTRICT: 1017 Fortune Rd. in Youngsville. Take Verot School Road to Fortune Road and go past the 4-way stop sign at Bonin Road. Location on the left past the roundabout.
City of Broussard:
- Madison Street behind City Hall
- Broadview Drive near the Community Center
- Deer meadow Subdivision
St. Landry Parish Government:
Sandbags are available to residents today until 6:00 p.m at the Yambilee Building at 1939 West Landry Street in Opelousas. Each resident will be limited to 10 sandbags. They will continue to monitor the weather, and they may add more sandbag locations and/or extension pick-up times.
St. Martin Parish:
The St. Martin Parish Sheriff's Office has announced that two locations for sandbags have been set up in the parish. The location of the two sandbag locations are as follows:
- Ruth Bridge Barn, 1035 Ruth Bridge Hwy, Breaux Bridge, LA.
- South Barn, 1011 Capritto Forty Arpent, St. Martinville, LA.
You will be required to prepare your own sandbags at each of the locations.
St. Martin Parish Sheriff's officials are asking people to stay off of the roadways if they do not have to get out today. They warn that conditions change from minutes to minute, and rainfall can accumulate quickly on roadways.
They remind residents to use extreme caution if they are out, and they remind you to never drive or walk through standing water as it can be very difficult to judge the depth.
Iberia Parish Sandbags:
Sand bags are available to the public from 11:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. today. The filled bags will be handed out at 907 Fulton Street. For ease of access and to aid in traffic flow, the City asks that residents approach the facility from the North Street side.
Citizens are urged to stay off the roadway due to flooding conditions.
City offices will close today at 11:00 a.m. due to inclement weather.
Iberia Parish Flooding Issues:
Iberia Parish Sheriff Louis Ackal reports the following roads in the city of New Iberia are currently experiencing flooding:
- 1500 block of East Main St.
- 400 block of Jefferson Terrace Blvd.
- West St. Peter St. at Landry Drive
- West Main St. at Chestnut St.
- Highway 14 (Center St.) at Highway 83 (Weeks Island Rd.)
Two roads are now closed due to flooding in New Iberia:
- Lewis Street and Dale Street.
- Jefferson Terrace and Dale Street.
Motorists are urged to use caution when traveling in these areas.