Hot 1079 + Coca-Cola ‘Santa Truck’ Making Stops Around Acadiana To Help Families In Need
Tis' the season for giving, and you can give the 'Best Gift Ever' to a local Acadiana family in need.
Most of us are truly blessed, but there are many who are less fortunate and could use a hand up this Christmas.
That's where you come in.
Hot 107.9 has teamed up with Coca-Cola and Associated Grocers to help feed local families in need this holiday season and throughout the year. Not only are we asking you to help out, but we're making it REALLY simple.
Just visit any Acadiana Associated Food Store and look for the pre-packaged red Coca-Cola bags near the registers. They're filled with groceries and only cost $10. Buy one of the red bags and that food will be donated to Second Harvest Food Bank to feed families in need right here in our community.
Additionally, to further help you get in the holiday spirit, Coca-Cola has lined up their world-famous 'Santa Truck'—decked out with Christmas lights—to make appearances at several of your favorite stores with an appearance by Santa himself at each stop!
The truck will be at the following locations from 5:30pm to 7:00pm on the following dates:
- Nov 27: Champagnes (Leonville) - 3802 LA-31 in Leonville
- Nov 29: Champagnes (Duson) - 9103 Cameron St. in Duson
- Dec 1: Janise's Supermarket -147 Oak Tree Park Dr. in Sunset
- Dec 4: Mac's Supermarket - 1001 Main Street in Jeanerette
- Dec 12: NuNu's (Youngsville) - 509 Lafayette St. in Youngsville
- Dec 13: Russell's - 114 Main Street in Arnaudville
- Dec 15: Raintree Supermarket - 17750 Hwy 182 in Baldwin
- Dec 18: NuNu's (Scott) - 1410 St. Mary Street in Scott
- Dec 19: Benny's Supermarket - 806 S. Union St. in Opelousas
- Dec 21: Trahan's - 601 N. Arenas St. in Rayne
Bring the kids, get photos of the truck and with Santa Claus, and make sure you pick up a red Coca-Cola bag this holiday season to give the 'Best Gift Ever' to a local family in need.
To learn more about Second Harvest or to donate directly to this great organization, visit No-Hunger.org.