Acadiana Area Public & Private Schools Closed Tomorrow [UPDATED]
Due to impending weather and possible icy road conditions, many Acadiana area schools are announcing that they will be closed tomorrow (Thursday, February 3, 2011), and also monitoring Friday’s predicted conditions to determine whether schools will be open Friday or not.
The complete list of confirmed closures is below and will be updated as we receive official word from authorities.
ACADIANA AREA SCHOOL CLOSURES FOR THURSDAY, FEB. 3, 2011
- All Lafayette Parish Public Schools
- All St. Landry Parish Public Schools
- All St. Martin Parish Public Schools
- All Iberia Parish Public Schools
- All St. Mary Parish Public Schools
- St. Thomas More
- St. Cecilia
- Ascension Episcopal School (all 3 campuses)
- Cathedral Carmel
- Carencro Catholic
- Covenant Preschool
- Breaux Bridge Christian
- Highland Baptist Christian School (New Iberia)
- Arc of St. Martin
- Sugar & Spice Preschool (all 4 locations)
- Learning Express Daycare (Lafayette)
- St. Bernard (St. Martinville)
- Lafayette Christian Academy
- St. Mary Early Learning Center
- St. Genevieve
- First Baptist Lafayette Mother’s Day Out
- Westminster Christian Academy (Lafayette, Calvary & Opelousas Campuses)
- Mini Me Learning Center
- Our Mother Of Peace (Church Point)
- Trinity Catholic (St. Martinville)
- Schools Of The Sacred Heart
- Lafayette Lutheran School
- First Baptist Christian School (Downtown Lafayette)
- Louisiana Prep School (Opelousas)
- St. Edward (New Iberia)
- Vermillion Parish Headstart Centers
- Glencoe Charter (St. Mary)
- St. Mary Headstart Centers
- St. Bernard (Breaux Bridge)
- Primary Colors Daycare & Learning Center (Sunset)
- Epiphany Day School (New Iberia)
- FOR MORE – go to www.Acadiana First Alert
After consulting with local and national weather forecasters, the LPSS administration has decided to close all Lafayette Parish public schools and offices Thursday, February 3. The prediction for freezing rain and icy road conditions indicates that driving will be hazardous in the morning hours. Employees will not be required to report for duty. Please continue to check this page, as school officials will be monitoring the predictions regarding Friday’s conditions in order to determine whether schools will be open Friday.
All St. Landry Parish Schools will be closed all day, Thursday, February 3, 2011. A decision will be made on Thursday concerning the possibility of also closing on Friday, February 4th, depending on weather conditions. All Central Office staff members, Pupil Appraisal staff members, Resource Center staff members, Supervisory Staff, Principals, maintenance workers, and custodians are to report to work as usual. The regularly scheduled Board Meeting will be held as scheduled on Thursday, February 3rd at 4:00 p.m. in the Resource Center.
In advance of the fast approaching winter storm with ice accumulations anticipated, Lafayette Parish Public Schools has announced the closing of schools for tomorrow, Thursday, February 3. As is our policy, for good, sound and appropriate reasons, we will follow suit and close tomorrow. The decision on opening for Friday will be made tomorrow based on the storm and any lingering effects.
Regarding scheduled events, we have made the decision to move the Senior Night basketball game to next Wednesday, February 9. We are also going to move Grandparent Day which was scheduled for this Friday. We will let everyone know the reschedule date for that event shortly. The girls’ soccer game scheduled for Friday has been moved to Saturday. The NAEP testing scheduled for Friday is still on pending the decision on classes for Friday.
We will use the IRIS system tomorrow, as well as an email blast, to let everyone know about classes for Friday as soon as we know. We do have some room in the calendar for make-up dates, and we will also advise you on that soon.
Hope everyone stays warm and keeps power!
Charlie Skipper, Ph.D.
Episcopal School of Acadiana