Speedy’s Guide On How To Take The Perfect #Selfie
It’s a trend that can not be stopped, so either embrace it or do it wrong. I’m talking about taking the perfect #Selfie!
I see it being done all the time, by people of all walks of life, from our best friends to celebrities and our very own President of the United States. The one thing I can’t stand is someone that takes a so-called selfie, but I’m here to help!
You too can be a #Selfie expert.
- Lets start off with your phone, the best selfies come from your phone. Who has time to pack a real camera when heading out for the night or day? You’ll need a smart phone, it has to have front and back camera. The back camera always takes better pics but the front camera you can see yourself, and that’s a plus.
- Going back to #1, another reason why you need a smartphone so you can download the latest apps like Instagram… That’s where you’ll see the best selfies, plus they have the biggest variety of filters. Valencia is always a good choice, because you look tan and it takes out a lot of imperfections in your face. If you are looking for something other than Instagram, CLICK HERE for the best photo apps out there.
- A very important step to the perfect selfie, It’s all about the angle – “KNOW YOUR FACE”! Yes, you do have a good side and a bad side (at least in your mind you do) and lets face it, you’re not a model and it’s OK, plus you don’t have a personal make-up artist or photographer at your disposal. It’s just you and a cell phone.
- This is how you do it, hold up the phone just about arms lengths away and about 2 inches higher then the top of your head, now tilt the top of the camera facing downward just a bit looking at your face. Now, the tricky part is pressing the pic button, but in time you’ll get it.
- Now, don’t forget to angle your face the right way, you have to stretch and contort your face so you can see your jaw line. You definitely don’t want a chicken neck going on. Triple chins are not very flattering in a selfie. Just being honest.
- You have to have great lighting in the background. For some reason, natural lighting always works best. The flash is not your friend, and in some cases neither is the sun, but sometimes is necessary.
- Whatever you do, do not do the “DUCK FACE” anymore, we’re stopping it today. Lets face it, we’re all guilty of the duck face, but as we grow, we all learn from our mistakes. NO MORE DUCK FACES! Looking natural, with a natural smile is always best.
- Always look like you’re having fun. There is nothing better than to take a fun selfie while at the club or the zoo, and always hastag “#” where you are. If you’re at the zoo, #hangingwiththeelephants or #justmeandmygirls something like that. Your people want to know where you are, plus they won’t fill up your comments with “Where are you?” You get the point.
- Group selfies are the worst. Everyone has to be on their good side, and everyone has to like the angle of the pic. This type of selfie takes forever! If you can, try to avoid this or make sure you have a lot of time on your hands. My suggestion ‘snap and go!’ or best excuse ‘my battery just went dead.’ #Classic
- Last but not least, if you’re having a bad day taking selfies, you can always use the #noFilter a.k.a. the mug shot. It’s an excuse for looking bad that day, plus you look like a rebel, but in all reality you were just too lazy to put on makeup. LOL! #mugshot
I hope this helps you out. If you have any tips to help out, please comment below!