SM’Ville Man Arrested On Drugs, Weapons Charges
A St. Martinville man was arrested on multiple drug charges Thursday following a fight and a foot chase.
St. Martinville Police Chief Calder Hebert reported 28-year-old Jeremy Fontenette was arrested for his second arrest for drug offenses this year.
Hebert said police responded to a call regarding a fight in progress on Perkins Street. Once police arrived on scene Fontenette fled the area on foot. With police engaging in a short foot pursuit, Fontenette threw several items, including narcotics, to the ground.
Once police stopped Fontenette, he wa arrested on the following charges.
- Possession with Intent to Distribute Schedule I CDS (Marijuana)
- Possession with Intent to Distribute Schedule II CDS (Methamphetamine)
- Possession of Cocaine over 28 grams
- Possession of a Firearm in the Presence of a CDS
- Possession of a Stolen Firearm
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Transactions involving Drugs Proceeds
- Resisting an Officer
- Second or Subsequent Narcotics Offense
Hebert said Fontenette was also arrested in May for manufacturing of Schedule I controlled substances and distribution of Schedule II controlled substances.