Car Catches Fire as Lafayette Business Owner was Trying to Tow It
A Lafayette business was fortunate not to suffer heavier fire damage after the owner's vehicle sitting next to it caught fire while it was being loaded onto a tow truck.
According to a press release from the Lafayette Fire Department, fuel from the vehicle ignited and engulfed the vehicle. This happened at Slick's Garage on 113 Salsman Street. Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire, keeping it from causing more than the heat damage it did to the metal exterior of the building.
Fortunately, there were no injuries in this fire, which totaled the car and was ruled an accident.
$169K: The Most Expensive Car for Sale in Louisiana